Regional Sales Manager
Region: United Kingdom (London Focus)
Reporting to: Managing Director – Demand (South Africa HQ)
Devil’s Peak Brewing Co, based in Cape Town, South Africa; is an industry leader in the fast growing Craft Beer industry, consistently delivering critically acclaimed, award winning beer. Our flagship Kings Blockhouse IPA is repeatedly selected as South Africa’s best beer. The business is led by a group of entrepreneurs who together have an excellent track record in creating successful start-ups and leading some of the world’s biggest beverage brands.
As of 2017, Devil’s Peak has expanded its reach into the highly competitive and dynamic UK Market, taking the decision to brew in market to ensure that our beer arrives with our customers as fresh as it was intended, quality is at the heart of everything we do. We brew with Fierce Beer in Aberdeen, a brewery that shares our ethos and commitment to producing the best beers with the only best ingredients.
We see the UK as an integral part of our future growth as a business and the gateway to our expansion into further European markets and as such are looking to recruit a Regional Sales Manager to focus on our development and growth in the UK, with London as a particular focus. This is a phenomenal opportunity for a smart, ambitious, self-starter to gain a wealth of hands on experience and accelerate their career as they grow with a business with big plans for the future.
The working environment is fun and entrepreneurial. Our people are all passionate about our beer and vision and work extremely hard to always deliver excellence in both product and service. We are a company born out of a love for beer, and a dedication to service excellence. Whilst you will be based in the UK, you will have the full support of the wider team and infrastructure in South Africa, as well as the UK Country Manager who is also based in market. The role will report directly into the MD of Demand based in South Africa.
The Regional Sales Manager is tasked with growing distribution and driving new business in the UK, as well as maintaining and growing existing relationships and accounts.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Sales in a FMCG beverage environment
- Full Drivers Licence
- Good, demonstrable level of computer literacy
- Persuasiveness and selling ability
- Verbal ability and communication skills
- Sound interpersonal skills, creativity and ability to mix with other people
- Ability to manage self and region, with strong stakeholder management capabilities
- Strong achievement orientation
- Proactive and ability to take initiative
- Beer and brewing process knowledge
- Proven sales track record and delivery of KPIs and targets
Output and Accountabilities
- Maximise sales volume and market share
- Implement and develop promotional activity to drive consistent pull in relation to the channel management process
- Achieve pre-determined sales/brands and market share targets
- Influence pricing within segments
- Forecasting and sales monitoring to ensure sufficient stock levels
- Grow footprint of Devils Peak in the On Trade and across a multitude of sectors
(Groups, Multiples, Independents, Bottle Shops, Specialists etc)
- Develop sound business relationships
- Maintain customer call rate and frequency
- Conduct regular account reviews
- Provide merchandising support
- Handle Customer and Consumer complaints and queries
- Manage product quality in relation to our quality standards
- Manage sales administration
- Compile daily / weekly reports
- Determine pre-call planning objectives
- Manage B.T.L. placements
- Develop sound customer relationships
Applicants must be British Citizens or Residents with the ability to work in the UK.
Closing Date: 9 November 2017
Contact: To apply, please email full CV and cover letter to email@example.com. If you have not back heard from us within two weeks from the closing date, please consider the application unsuccessful.